We all make mistakes, and God’s Word says we all have sinned. No matter how you came to your situation or how long you’ve carried that distressing burden of guilt, God is ready with the solution. His arms are outstretched to you. Look at all He will do for you …
1. “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved” (John 3:17). It’s not God’s purpose to condemn you; it’s His desire to take away your sins, to keep you from sin, and to save you through Jesus Christ.
2. “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus not only died for your sins, He took your sins upon Himself so He could give you His righteousness—His right standing with God.
3. “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Ephesians 1:7). Through the sacrificial death of Christ, you are given forgiveness and salvation as a free gift.
4. “ ‘Come now, and let us reason together,’ ” says the Lord, ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool’ ” (Isaiah 1:18). God invites you to talk it over with Him, and He promises an outcome of great relief for you!
5. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). All you need to do is tell God where you went wrong, that you are sorry, and He will take care of everything else and wash it away—transforming you into a new creature.
6. “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more” (Hebrews 8:12).
In His great mercy, God erases your sin from His memory!
7. “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:12).
It gives you a wonderful feeling of freedom to be separated from your sins and joined with God.
8. “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit” (Romans 8:1). If you follow Jesus and stay true to Him, you don’t have to worry about the judgment; your guilt is a thing of the past.
9. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). In addition to cleansing away all of your sins through the blood of the Lamb, God gives you a brand-new life—a new heart that will help keep you from sinning again.
Why not go to God right now and accept His wonderful gift of forgiveness through Jesus Christ? You have nothing to lose and an eternity to gain!